Monday - Saturday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fee Booth Hours:
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday - Saturday
7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
In March of 2003, the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center was the first of nine World Birding Centers to open.
The center sits on 40 acres within a city park, near the heart of the City of Edinburg. Built on re-claimed farm-fields and next to the city's effluent & floodwater ponds, the Center is a showcase for wildlife and a native habitat site set amidst an urban setting.
The Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center works to educate people about the environmental necessity, economic value, and natural beauty of local wetlands.
What We Have to Offer
The Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and
World Birding Center offers spectacular wildlife views along with
unique natural and educational experiences.
- The Gift Shop offers a wide variety of books, educational games, souvenirs, and wearing apparel.
- The Interpretive exhibits offer information on wetlands, birds, butterflies & dragonflies.
- The Education Classroom is home to our fifth grade wetland program along with many other programs and activities.
the Interpretive Center, the 3.5 acre native butterfly habitat offers
some of the most diverse habitat in the region.
- Our water features include two large wetland ponds, a canal, a dragonfly pond, Discovery Pond, and more.
- Two and a half miles of walking trail intersect the gardens and ponds.
Edinburg Scenic Wetlands | 714 Raul Longoria Road, Edinburg, TX 78542 | Phone: (956) 381-9922 Fax: (956) 381-0715